AMTA’s 24th Annual National Massage Therapy Awareness Week® (NMTAW) will take place October 25-31, 2020. This is a dedicated week for AMTA members across the U.S. to promote the health benefits of massage therapy and their practices. In today’s environment, it’s more important than ever to share these benefits with your clients and community. Here are three easy ways to celebrate, even while navigating COVID-19.
3 Ways to Celebrate NMTAW This Year
1. Educate The Public
Take this opportunity to help educate your community on the many health benefits of massage therapy. Distribute research and information on massage at your practice and share with doctors' offices, health clubs and other locations focusing on health and wellness. Make sure to wear a proper face covering and practice social distancing when visiting any locations in person, in compliance with your state’s guidelines. You can access free massage education materials on AMTA’s website to help you get started.
Learn more about the health benefits of massage.
2. Leverage Your Digital Presence
National Massage Therapy Awareness Week can be an optimal time to boost your digital presence with your clients and community. Share articles and facts on the health benefits of massage therapy on your website, social media pages or via an e-newsletter. Or, encourage clients to book a massage by offering special promotions online.
3. Update Your Profile On AMTA's Find a Massage Therapist® Locator Service
If you are practicing massage again, make sure your profile on AMTA’s Find a Massage Therapist national locator service is up-to-date. Or if you don't have a profile, now may be the perfect time to activate one. An effective profile can broaden your reach, build your brand and educate current and future massage clients about your practice. You can even take it a step further and tell a colleague about the benefits of creating a listing.
More Social Media and Marketing Tips
- Tell your clients how massage therapy can help various health conditions. Access AMTA articles on topics such as stress, headaches and cancer, and share article links on your social media pages.
- Join civic and charitable organizations such as a Chamber of Commerce, a historical society, PTA or groups dedicated to business or community improvement.
More community-based marketing tips
- Find basics on everything from business cards, direct mail, newsletters, newspaper advertising and gift certificates, to participation in volunteer events and public speaking engagements.
Marketing 101 for Massage Therapists
- Digital marketing is promoting your massage therapy brand, reaching and engaging your massage clients, and growing your revenue through multiple digital channels.
Digital Marketing Tools
Send Us Your Stories
Remember to send photos and updates from your awareness activity for consideration in AMTA publications and social media.