- We provide our members with the strongest benefits in the massage therapy profession.
- We promote the health benefits of massage to the public, the health care community and other important groups.
- As a member-driven organization, we are constantly in conversation with our members through surveys, phone calls, emails and social media to understand the diverse needs of all of our members and their hopes for the profession.
- We advocate for the issues important to massage therapists across the country at the federal, state and local levels of government.
- We work for fair licensing of massage in all states, and actively support research.
- Your voice is heard in AMTA as we are governed by massage therapists.
- We provide a wealth of local and national networking and continuing education opportunities.
- AMTA has the Nonprofit Advantage® as the largest nonprofit association in the massage therapy profession and has been serving our community for 80 years.
- We are guided by a volunteer national Board of Directors who sets the course for the association.
To serve AMTA members while advancing the art, science and practice of massage therapy.
- We are a diverse and nurturing community working with integrity, respect and dignity.
- We are a nonprofit member-driven organization of ethical professionals.
- We embrace consistency in education.
- We endorse professional standards.
- We affirm and promote the benefits of massage therapy as validated by research.
Questions? Visit our FAQ page
Board and Committees
Find information about AMTA's member-driven leadership.
Learn about our national elections process.
Learn more about AMTA through our core documents.
Read our official positions on issues concerning massage therapy.
Learn about chapter and national awards.
Advertising and Sponsorship
Learn about opportunities to promote your business at our events and in our publications.