Apply to Serve on the AMTA National Board of Directors
Give back to the massage therapy profession by applying to serve on the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) 2021-2023 National Board of Directors! Applications are due by September 15, 2020.
Find Out if You're Eligible
If you have been an AMTA professional member for at least three years and have served as an elected chapter volunteer, or an appointed or elected national volunteer within the past three years, you are eligible to be considered for the AMTA National Board of Directors.
If you meet these eligibility requirements, consider applying to serve on the National Board of Directors. The application is the first step in a rigorous process designed to help find AMTA members whose personal and professional strengths create the strongest national board team while considering diversity and inclusion.
AMTA National Board Candidate Checklist
To be considered, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria and complete the application process. Find out what AMTA’s National Board application process entails.
- Sign the board of directors code of conduct
- Fill out an applicant eligibility form
- Sign the conflict of interest form
- Take four online courses and pass the corresponding online exams.
- Fill out the bio application
- Submit a 60-90 second candidate video
- Submit three letters of reference from professional and personal colleagues and friends. The letters should speak to skills in leadership, volunteer experience, and teamwork.
- Participate in a 30-minute phone interview with the Slate Selection Commission
Apply for the AMTA National Board of Directors
Interested in applying for the AMTA National Board of Directors? Submit your AMTA National Board of Directors Application by September 15, 2020 To apply, contact email@example.com.
What is the Slate Selection Commission?
The Slate Selection Commission is a group of current and recent past national volunteers with deep knowledge of AMTA who guide candidates through the application process and ensure they meet the high standards required of national board service.
Bylaws: Slate Selection Commission
A. The Slate Selection Commission receives and reviews applications for candidacy to the national board and shall ensure that one qualified candidate is on the ballot for each open position. A member of the Slate Selection Commission may not be recruited for an elected position.
B. The Slate Selection Commission shall be appointed by the President with approval of the National Board of Directors.
1. There shall be five members:
a. Two past National presidents having served as president within the last five years
b. Two current or past Slate Selection Commission members having served in that role within the last five years
c. One from current standing committees or CPC moderator
2. The term of appointment is for two years beginning on the first day of the fiscal year following the appointment.
3. Slate Selection Commission members shall serve no more than two consecutive two-year terms.
4. The President-Elect is an ex-officio and non-voting member.
5. The chair of the Slate Selection Commission shall be appointed by the President.
C. Duties and empowerments of the Slate Selection Commission shall be defined in AMTA policy.
Policy: The SSC has the following duties and empowerments:
- Shall review AMTA recruitment and elections policies.
- Shall establish candidate application credentialing procedures.
- Shall assess the skill sets and expertise needed by the board.
- Shall contact incumbents to discover if they intend to seek re-election.
- Shall make available appropriate education tools for potential applicants.
- Shall recruit for all open Director positions between August 1 and November 1.
- Shall confirm that each candidate has demonstrated a familiarity with AMTA Bylaws, policy, procedure and other relevant information through online testing or similar methods.
- Shall interview all applicants.
- Shall determine the best applicants to fill positions on the slate.
- Shall create and maintain guidelines for publication of candidate information.
Questions about the application process can go to firstname.lastname@example.org.