- Client Intake & SOAP Documentation for Your Massage Practice
Protect yourself, your clients and your massage therapy practice by utilizing proper documentation techniques.
- Forming a Partnership for Your Massage Practice
Partnerships can be great for your massage therapy business, but make sure you understand what these agreements entail.
- Home Office Zoning Regulations
Being up to date on zoning regulations in your area is key when starting a practice or home office.
- Informed Consent Agreement for Massage Therapy Sessions
Let your massage clients know in writing what to expect and what not to expect from their massage therapy session.
- Massage Employee vs. Independent Contractor
Know the difference between being an employee and being an independent contractor.
- Safety & Security: Risk Management for Massage Therapy Practices
Managing risk is an important part of being a massage therapist. Make sure you address safety and security precautions for your business.
- Strong Ethics for Your Massage Practice
One of the most important tools in a massage therapist’s toolbox is a code of ethics.
Related Massage Therapy Journal articles
Learn more about minimizing professional risk in your massage practice
A Massage Therapist's Guide to Malpractice | 2 CE Credits
"AMTA has been a tremendous resource over the years."
—Jenn S., AMTA member since 1994