Our Mentoring Program was launched to help improve communication skills, goal-setting, and success planning for AMTA members just entering the massage therapy profession.
What is mentoring?
In general, mentoring is:
- a sustained relationship, often in a career-oriented setting, between an experienced and trusted person who gives advice (the mentor) to another less-experienced person (the mentee).
- the process by which a person offers guidance and instruction to assist mentees in their personal and career development.
Who is a mentee?
A student or professional seeking advice and guidance from an experienced professional in one's chosen field.
What does a mentor offer?
A mentor is not a parent, professional counselor, or financial advisor
Goals of the AMTA's Mentoring Program
- Assist massage therapists who are new to the profession with personal development, business development and understanding of theory and practice of massage therapy
- Help massage therapists adjust to and navigate their new career
- Allow mentors to give back to the profession and AMTA and grow personally
- Encourage mentees to realize their full potential
Rewards for all participants include:
- Develop leadership skills
- Foster lasting friendships
- Network and community involvement
- Share mutual interests
- Sharpen communication skills
Mentee rewards include:
- Professional development
- Having a person to turn to who has experience in the industry
- Enhanced reputation and professionalism
- Opportunity to overcome personal challenges
- One-on-one support from trusted professional
- Objective feedback on skills
- Increased career satisfaction
Mentor rewards include:
- Aid in creating higher standards for the industry
- Learning and connecting with your mentee
- Knowing that you made a difference
- Eligible to receive the Mentor of the Year Award
Find a Mentor Today!