Free Client Download
According to the AMTA Consumer Survey, 67 percent of individuals surveyed claim their primary reason for receiving a massage in the previous 12 months was medical (41 percent) or stress (26 percent) related.
A growing body of research supports the health benefits of massage therapy for conditions such as stress, fibromyalgia, low-back pain and more. Find out how you can benefit from adding massage therapy to your health and wellness routine.
25 Reasons to Get a Massage
- Relieve stress
- Relieve postoperative pain
- Reduce anxiety
- Manage low-back pain
- Help fibromyalgia pain
- Reduce muscle tension
- Enhance exercise performance
- Relieve tension headaches
- Sleep better
- Ease symptoms of depression
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Reduce pain of osteoarthritis
- Decrease stress in cancer patients
- Improve balance in older adults
- Decrease rheumatoid arthritis pain
- Temper effects of dementia
- Promote relaxation
- Lower blood pressure
- Decrease symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Help chronic neck pain
- Lower joint replacement pain
- Increase range of motion
- Decrease migraine frequency
- Improve quality of life in hospice care
- Reduce chemotherapy-related nausea
Find a Massage Therapist®
AMTA members are the most trusted massage therapists in the United States. Use our Find a Massage Therapist locator service to find a massage therapist near you.
AMTA members have access to 50+ benefits including resources and discounts to run their practice.