Keep your clients and your practice safe with effective risk management. Read on for practical advice on everything from developing effective intake forms to creating a safe work environment.
- Safety and Security - Risk Management
- Managing risk is an important part of being a massage therapist. Make sure you address safety and security precautions for your business.
- Licenses and Permits
- Make sure you have the licenses and permits needed, specific to your community, to support your practice or home office.
- Client Intake and SOAP Documentation
Protect yourself, your clients and your practice by utilizing proper documentation techniques.
- Informed Consent Agreement
- Let your clients know in writing what to expect and what not to expect from their massage therapy session.
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor
Know the difference between being an employee and being an independent contractor.
» Browse all
Related MTJ articles
Expand Your Knowledge
Learn more about minimizing professional risk with A Massage Therapist's Guide to Malpractice worth 2 CEs.
"AMTA and my chapter have already given me back so much that I cannot believe I ever considered another group."
—Chris B., AMTA member since 2012