With the recent health care changes taking place, AMTA has seen a rise in the number of questions from massage therapists dealing with health care insurance reimbursement. The issues remain complex, are continually evolving and standards vary from state to state and from insurance company to insurance company.
Check out AMTA’s resources, but if you are considering seeking insurance reimbursement, you may need to do further research within your state and with specific insurance companies.
- All Things ICD for Massage Therapists
If you bill insurance or are considering billing insurance in your massage practice, here's what you need to know about the newly revised International Classification of Diseases.
- Managing Health Care Insurance Paperwork
- If you decide to accept clients who are using third-party payments through their health insurance companies, you are agreeing to take on more paperwork. You may want to consider hiring an outside company to manage this task.
- The Value and Efficacy of Massage Therapy in Integrated Health Care and Member Guide
Examine several aspects of massage therapy in integrated health care through this AMTA publication, intended to foster an extensive discussion among massage therapists, health care administrators and other health care professionals about the value and efficacy of massage therapy in health care environments.
- Thinking About Insurance Reimbursement? Know the Facts / Weigh the Benefits & Risks
Know the facts and weigh the benefits and risks of seeking insurance reimbursement in your massage therapy practice. Is it right for you?