Media Sales & Advertising Policy
AMTA reserves the right to approve in advance and to deny advertising for any reason. To be eligible to advertise or exhibit at AMTA events exhibitors must:
- (i) only promote products or services that align with AMTA’s mission and values;
- (ii) not compete with AMTA;
- (iii) not take actions or promote positions contrary to AMTA’s;
- (iv) not work to undermine AMTA’s membership, leadership, or business decisions.
Examples of content, design or advertiser conduct which may result in refusal or termination of advertising may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Suggestive wording, suggestive poses in images or photos, improperly draped or nude photos, disparagement of competitors, or false or misleading claims.
- Anything considered to be opposed to AMTA's Bylaws, Policies, Core Values, Mission or Vision Statements, Strategic Plan Goals, Future Directions, or the Code of Ethics or Scope of Practice for AMTA members.
- Content that is political or religious in nature or advances specific beliefs.
- Content which can be construed as unduly proselytizing, patronizing or derogatory to any person, group or cause.
- Promotion of prostitution, sexual surrogates, escort services or sexual behavior within massage practice.
- Substantiated fraud, deception, or illegal or unethical business practices.
- Advertiser's attempt to exert undue influence on editorial content or decisions to the gain or detriment of any person.
- Unsubstantiated claims regarding financial gain.
- Unsubstantiated claims for healing or curing ailments or diseases.
- Advertisers may not mention AMTA or use any of its trademarks without written permission from appropriate AMTA staff.
- Advertising also may be refused or terminated for entry level in-class massage school training programs which are not provided by an AMTA School member or accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting organization.
- CBD products will not be accepted for advertising or sponsorship within AMTA programs.
Should an advertiser not wish to comply with AMTA policy, future contracts will be denied. Advertisers are responsible for their own errors or omissions in advertising materials submitted.