This code of ethics for school members is a summary statement by which a massage education institution agrees to conduct itself and is a declaration of the general principles of acceptable, ethical, professional behavior.
School members shall:
- Behave with integrity, honesty, and competence in all professional relationships with other schools, faculty, staff, students, society and the massage therapy profession.
- Honestly represent the school and programs in all forms of communication.
- Educate students to represent themselves honestly and to provide only those services for which they are qualified to provide.
- Provide a positive focused learning environment that addresses a variety of learning styles and includes a physical space conducive to learning, including but not limited to appropriate lighting, heat/air, cleanliness, and equipment.
- Conduct the program/school in a manner which respects and teaches the students boundaries and privacy on all levels, including appropriate draping, physical privacy and matters of confidentiality. Any sexual misconduct will be considered a violation of this code of ethics.
- Uphold principles and standards which value the dignity and worth of all persons regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender, general disability and/or health status.