Ideas for Massage Therapists to Stay in Touch With Clients
- Take advantage of social media. Set up a professional page on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Send out regular updates on what's new with your practice, special promotions and trends in massage therapy.
- Download client handouts on the benefits of massage. Display the handouts in your massage practice or give them to clients dealing with specific health conditions.
- Host special events or promotions at your practice to recognize events like National Massage Therapy Awareness Week or the anniversary of your practice.
- Link to AMTA articles on massage therapy. AMTA offers free consumer-related content on the health benefits of massage therapy. Link to AMTA's articles on your website, social media or e-newsletter.
- Email or send postcards to your clients about new services you are offering or special promotions.
- One or two weeks after each appointment, follow-up with clients. Ask how they are doing, particularly if you had suggested a specific self-care idea to them earlier.
- Send cards on clients’ birthdays or around special occasions such as Mother's Day, Valentine’s Day or even ski season.