Position Statement Proposal and/or Discussion Topics Proposal Process
Effective September 25, 2017
Topics may include:
- Position statement proposal: A position statement proposal can be submitted by a professional AMTA member or the Board of Directors.
- Discussion topics: A discussion item may be submitted by any interested individual or group associated with the massage therapy profession.
- Topics must be submitted on the appropriate form and sent to the Assembly of Delegates Advisory Committee (AODAC) Moderator and Assembly of Delegates Advisory Committee staff liaison.
- Topics may be submitted at any time, however to be considered to be part of the agenda for the current year AOD meeting during National Convention, the entire review, revision, and re-submittal process must be completed eight weeks prior to that years AOD meeting.
- Topics will be reviewed by the AODAC Moderator, AODAC, staff, and appropriate volunteers to ensure that all proposed topics meet the criteria for consideration.
- The AODAC Moderator and AODAC will return topic proposals to the member or group who submitted it within four weeks indicating any suggested changes.
- The group who proposed the topic will have one month to make all recommended changes.
- The AODAC will provide a report of the meeting to those whose proposed topics were discussed in the Assembly meeting.
*More information on the Assembly of Delegates (AOD) duties and processes will be forthcoming.
"AMTA is just the best professional organization there is and does the most for their people."
—Karen T., AMTA member since 2002