Effective September 25, 2017
- Position statement proposal: A position statement proposal can be submitted by a professional AMTA member or the Board of Directors.
- Discussion topics: A discussion item may be submitted by any interested individual or group associated with the massage therapy profession.
- Topics must be submitted on the appropriate form and sent to the Assembly of Delegates Advisory Committee (AODAC) Moderator and Assembly of Delegates Advisory Committee staff liaison.
- Topics may be submitted at any time, however to be considered on the agenda for the current year's AOD meeting during National Convention, the entire review, revision, and re-submittal process must be completed eight weeks prior to that years AOD meeting.
- Topics will be reviewed by the AODAC Moderator, AODAC, staff, and appropriate volunteers to ensure that all proposed topics meet the criteria for consideration.
- The AODAC Moderator and AODAC will return topic proposals to the member or group who submitted it within four weeks indicating any suggested changes.
- The group who proposed the topic will have one month to make all recommended changes.
- The AODAC will provide a report of the meeting to those whose proposed topics were discussed in the Assembly meeting.
Discussion Topic Guidelines
- Must be related to AMTA’s mission and goals.
- Must be in accordance with AMTA’s statement on discrimination.
- Must ask a broad question.
- Cannot be defamatory.
- Cannot endorse a political candidate or party.
- Cannot address internal AMTA issues.
- Cannot endorse a specific product or company.