AMTA—the most respected name in massage therapy.
AMTA members receive the strongest benefits in the massage profession. Find out why AMTA is the most trusted and respected name in massage therapy.
Join now »
Massage Liability Insurance
Protect yourself from malpractice lawsuits with massage liability insurance included with an AMTA membership. Coverage includes:
- $2 million per occurrence/$6 million aggregate of coverage for professional liability, general liability, products, and personal injury.
- Coverage is included for hot stone massage at no additional charge.
- Dual coverage is included for massage therapists who are also estheticians or yoga instructors.
Optional insurance programs are available for health, auto/home, dental and more.
Learn more about AMTA's insurance »
Massage Therapy Continuing Education
Our members save up to 40% on rigorously-vetted massage therapy continuing education, making it easy to update your skills while you earn CE credit for state licenses.
AMTA offers 70+ Online Courses, including six courses that count toward the new AMTA/NCBTMB Sports Massage Specialty Certificate. Earn face-to-face CE credit at our two annual education events, the AMTA National Convention and AMTA Schools Summit.
Explore continuing education »
Better market your massage therapy practice or school, or take the next step in your career. Find detailed career guides, tips on job searching and downloadable marketing tools.
Career Guidance tips »
Networking and Community
Expand your community through your local chapter, the AMTA National Convention, our Mentoring program and more.
AMTA makes it easy to connect with fellow therapists and clients.
Learn more about networking opportunities »
Stay engaged with timely massage therapy news and updates through our award-winning publications like Massage Therapy Journal and AMTA Massage Profession Research Report.
Check out AMTA's publications »
National Locator Service
Consumers search for AMTA members through AMTA's Find a Massage Therapist® national locator service.
Take advantage of free advertising from AMTA by creating a profile on FindaMassageTherapist.org.
Learn more about FindaMassageTherapist.org »
From massage supplies to marketing services, AMTA offers you more for less. Discounts include:
- Massage Warehouse - Up to 30% off + exclusive shipping rates!
- AGIA - Optional Insurance including health, life and disability
- Free website - Create your own in under 5 minutes
- Vistaprint - Save 20% site-wide & more
- Office Depot/OfficeMax - Save up to 80% online and in-store!
- Schedulicity - Save 25% after the first 20 free appointments per month
- Square - Save with a transaction rate of 2.45% per card swipe
Explore all AMTA member discounts »
The Nonprofit Advantage
AMTA is the largest nonprofit, professional association serving massage therapists, massage students and massage schools. This means your membership dollars are invested back into the profession through research, advocacy and promotion of the health benefits of massage to the general public and health care community.
This also means that AMTA is member-driven—by massage therapists for massage therapists—through our Board of Directors and volunteers, not a for-profit company’s CEO.
Join the most respected name in massage therapy!
According to a recent survey by Zogby Analytics, American massage consumers view the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) as the most respected and credible name in massage therapy—five times higher than any other massage organization or business.
Join now »