AMTA offers the strongest benefits in the massage therapy industry. See why over 90,000 massage therapists have chosen AMTA over competitors, including Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP).
Quick Glance Comparison: AMTA vs. ABMP
|'A' rated massage liability insurance|
|Free online massage CE|
|Award-winning magazines, free websites and exclusive
discounts on products and services
|Supports hands-on continuing education opportunities
in your community
|30% discount and flat rate shipping at
|Local Chapters that provide career support and
Why Choose AMTA?
Liability Insurance Coverage
AMTA massage liability insurance covers up to $2 million per occurrence/$6 million aggregate for professional liability, general liability, products and personal injury. AMTA members can practice confidently knowing they are fully covered.
Yoga teachers, estheticians, and hot stone massage are all included in AMTA’s coverage, without additional upgrades.
There are no exclusions to your policy for communicable diseases, including COVID-19 when AMTA members comply with state, federal and facility guidelines, and are practicing legally in their state. Learn more about AMTA’s liability coverage and COVID-19.
Optional Insurance Add-Ons
AMTA offers a variety of optional insurance add-ons including health insurance, life insurance and dental insurance at an affordable rate.
Protect your home, income and more with options including:
- Disability income insurance plan
- Auto and homeowners insurance
- Auto and home business insurance
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Renters Insurance
- Individual Term Life Insurance
- Business personal property
- Loss of income due to a temporary shutdown
- Commercial autos and trucks
Members can also have options for supplemental care and travel protection with long-term care insurance and emergency assistance plus insurance.
Free Online Massage CE
AMTA offers a variety of rigorously vetted massage therapy continuing education classes and training opportunities, available online and in person. AMTA members save up to 40 percent and have access to 90+ online courses. In addition, AMTA is an NCBTMB continuing education approved provider and courses have been pre-approved in the 24 states requiring CEs for massage therapists.
AMTA offers free online massage CE in self-care, ethics, business and more, helping massage therapists further their careers and fulfill continuing education requirements for licensing.
Hands-on Continuing Education and Training
AMTA members have in-person hands-on training opportunities through the largest annual national convention in the industry, where they can earn a year’s worth of continuing education credits at one time, and through state chapter workshops and training opportunities. State chapters operate in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
AMTA is the only massage therapy professional organization to have chapters for all states, providing networking opportunities and face-to-face continuing education.
Massage Warehouse and Other Member Discounts
AMTA members receive exclusive Massage Warehouse deals of up to 30% off and pay a flat rate for shipping on orders.
In addition, AMTA members receive discounts from:
- MassageBook - AMTA member exclusive discount of 25% off
- ClinicSense – Members save 25%
- BodyworkSites – FREE website
- Vistaprint – Members save 15% sitewide
- Square Credit Card Reader – Exclusive 2.45% rate for first–time users
- Office Depot/OfficeMax – Save up to 75% sitewide
- AMTA Discount Prescription Card – Save up to 70% on prescription drugs at over 54,000 pharmacies
- Schedulicity – FREE for up to 20 appointments a month, save 25% for unlimited scheduling
- Constant Contact – Save 20-25% on email marketing plans
- Intuit QuickBooks – Save 50% on QuickBooks Small Business and Self-Employed
- UPS – Save up to 45% on shipping and printing
AMTA members enjoy significant savings on a variety of products and services.
AMTA: The Nonprofit Advantage®
The largest nonprofit professional association serving massage therapists, massage students and schools.
Protect your practice with massage liability insurance included with AMTA membership.