- Client Intake & SOAP Documentation for Your Massage Practice
Protect yourself, your clients and your massage therapy practice by utilizing proper documentation techniques.
- Client Retention: Nurture Your Clients
You work hard to attract new clients to your practice. Now, learn how you can keep them coming back.
- Creating Client Policies
- Client policies help ensure every client receives fair treatment.
- Introductory Session with a New Massage Client
Setting the stage with a first-time massage client offers you a unique opportunity to make a first impression that can make a big difference.
- Profile of a Poor Client Experience
- Understanding what you shouldn't do in your massage practice is as important as knowing what you should do.
- Tips on Practicing Meditation
A study shows that meditation—even when done by beginners who haven’t regularly used this practice—helps relieve pain.
- Viewing Your Practice from the Client’s Perspective
Seeing your practice through the eyes of your clients can make your business stronger.
- Webinar: Customer Service Tips Guaranteed to Build Business
- Check out a short webinar on customer service tips you can implement right now to help grow you practice and create an optimal experience for your client.
- When to Refer Massage Clients to Others
Learn more about when referring a massage therapy client to another provider makes good sense.
- Workers' Compensation Massage Clients
Learn more about what massage therapists can expect when working with workers' compensation.
Related Massage Therapy Journal articles
"AMTA does the most to support our profession."
—Jesse J., AMTA member since 2011