With your own free website from AMTA, putting together a website is easy. Whether you’re looking to start your own business or are working for someone else, having a website and knowing the right information to have on it can be one of your best marketing tools.
1. Have your phone number clearly stated and easy to find.
The main purpose of a website is to get new clients to book an appointment with you. Having your phone number large and easy to find will help potential clients reach out to you. Remember that many will be viewing your website on their phone or tablet, so it’s important for your phone number to appear larger than other text.
2. List your rates and hours.
Everyone has busy schedules and potential clients want to know if your schedule fits with theirs and how much they can expect to pay.
3. If you have an office, list your location and directions.
Location might be important to potential clients and listing your location along with helpful directions will provide more detailed information to visitors.
4. Have your name on the website and a few details about you including a photo.
It’s important for clients feel comfortable with you and trust you. One way you can build trust with potential clients is to post a photo of yourself and provide a couple sentences about who you are.
5. List your services and what they treat.
Most clients are not sure what type of service/massage they need, but they do know what problems they are having. Listing your services and what they specifically treat will help potential clients choose the right massage for them.
6. Keep your website simple and clean.
A website that is cluttered with too much text and too many images will be overwhelming for visitors and cause them to leave. Remember that many will be looking at your website from their smart phone or tablet and your purpose could get lost with too much clutter.
7. Always have a positive tone on your website.
Many people seeking a massage therapist will be in pain. By keeping all the text on your website positive, you help clients feel comfortable and more inclined to reach out to you. If you’re unsure about what you have written, try reading what you wrote aloud as if you were talking directly to a client.
Create your free website
Additional helpful items to have on your website
- Link to reviews.
- Link to your professional social media accounts.
- Video: Post a video on your website. Introduce yourself and talk about the benefits of massage.
- Find information on the benefits of massage