With your own free website from AMTA, putting together a website is easy. Whether you’re looking to start your own business or are working for someone else, having a website and knowing the right information to have on it can be one of your best marketing tools.
1. Have your phone number clearly stated and easy to find.
The main purpose of a website is to get new clients to book an appointment with you. Having your phone number large and easy to find will help potential massage clients reach out to you. Remember that many will be viewing your website on their smartphone or tablet, so it’s important for your phone number to appear larger than other text.
2. List your rates and hours.
Everyone has busy schedules and potential massage clients want to know if your schedule fits with theirs and how much they can expect to pay.
3. If you have an office, list your location and directions.
Location might be important to potential clients and listing your location along with helpful directions will provide more detailed information to visitors.
4. Have your name on the website and a few details about you, including a photo.
It’s important for massage clients feel comfortable with you and trust you. One way you can build trust with potential clients is to post a photo of yourself and provide a couple sentences about who you are.
5. List your services and what they address.
Many clients are not sure what type of service/massage they need, but they do know what problems they are having. Listing your services and what they specifically address will help potential clients choose the right massage for them. Encourage clients to work with you to create a custom approach to meet their health and wellness goals.
6. Keep your website simple and clean.
A website that is cluttered with too much text and too many images will be overwhelming for visitors and cause them to leave. Remember that many will be looking at your website from their smartphone or tablet and your purpose could get lost with too much clutter.
7. Always have a positive tone on your website.
Many people seeking a massage therapist will be in pain. By keeping all the text on your website positive, you help clients feel comfortable and more inclined to reach out to you. If you’re unsure about what you have written, try reading what you wrote out loud as if you were talking directly to a client.
Create your free website
New! - Mobile Responsive Designs
Attract more massage clients and boost your credibility with your own FREE website from AMTA.
AMTA has partnered with a trusted vendor, BodyworkSites, to bring you a great benefit: a free website for your massage practice.
Free Website Features Include:
- Easy 5 Minute Set Up – Keep your energy for your practice. It only takes five minutes to set up your new website.
- 5 Pages of Content – What makes your massage practice unique? Tell prospective clients about your favorite modalities, what to expect for their first massage, how to contact you and more.
- 60 Templates – Customize the look of your site. Choose from 12 mobile responsive designs and 5 different color choices.
- Frequently Asked Questions – Visit the comprehensive FAQ documet to learn more.
- Technical Support – Have a question about your website? Get the answers you need by emailing BodyworkSites’ knowledgeable tech support team.
Already have an AMTA website? Upgrade to a mobile responsive design in minutes!
Get started now
Additional helpful items to have on your website
- Link to reviews.
- Link to your professional social media accounts.
- Video: Post a video on your website. Introduce yourself and talk about the benefits of massage.
- Link to information on the benefits of massage.