Massage therapy is viewed as a way to stay healthy and manage pain, according to the AMTA 2016 Consumer Survey results. This is supported by a growing body of research on the health benefits of massage for conditions such as stress, fibromyalgia, low-back pain and more.
Massage Therapy for Regular Health Maintenance
50 percent of people have received a massage for one or more of the following reasons:
- soreness, stiffness or spasms
- to relieve or manage stress
- for prevention or to improve quality of life
- injury recovery or rehabilitation
- to keep fit or healthy/maintain wellness
- to control headaches or migraines
Review the AMTA 2016 Consumer Survey »
Find a Trusted Massage Therapist
Members of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) are the most trusted massage therapists in the United States.
Massage for Health & Wellness
5 Sports Massage Benefits
Massage Therapy for Pain Management
25 Reasons to Get a Massage