The AMTA 2015 National Convention—August 19-22 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania—is your desitination for education, networking and inspiration. Pittsburgh is easily accessible by plane, bus or car. Start planning your trip!
The Pittsburgh International Airport is about 25 minutes from the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Search for today's best airfare deals on Airfare Watch Dog.
Explore rates on buses that stop in Pittsburgh, such as Megabus.
Start by calculating the cost of gas for your road trip.
Leaving from the Detroit area
Approximately 4.5 hour drive from Detroit.
Take a break in Toledo and check out these spots:
Stop in Cleveland and explore these two attractions:
From Cleveland it’s only 2 hours to Pittsburgh.
Leaving from the Baltimore/Washington D.C./Philadelphia areas
Approximately 5.5 hour drive from Philadelphia. Approximately 4.5 hour drive from Baltimore and Washington D.C.
- Only 30 minutes off of interstate 270 is the Harpers Ferry National Historical Park with museums and scenic hikes.
- Get your chocolate fix at Hershey, Pennsylvania with Hershey Park!
- The National Historic Landmark house Fallingwater, designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright, is a bit out the way but worth the visit.
Leaving from the Columbus area
Approximately 3 hour drive from Columbus.
- If you’re looking for a quick and fun stop on your way to convention head over to The Longaberger Homestead and make a basket!
- The Oglebay Institute Glass Museum in Wheeling, West Virginia features 3,000 examples of Wheeling glass and china, as well as glass blowing demonstrations.
Reserve Your Host Hotel Room
The AMTA National Convention host hotel keeps you in the hub of convention activity and community. Stay in our official housing to enjoy amenities such as room service, on-site dining, a fitness center and the AMTA community.
HAMPTON INN & SUITES
Parking and guest room Wi-Fi are complimentary—a convenient option for those driving.
1247 Smallman St. | Phone: 412-288-4350 | Rate: $169
Reserve your room >>
THE WESTIN CONVENTION CENTER
This hotel is conveniently connected to the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Includes free guest room Wi-Fi and use of workout facilities.
1000 Penn Ave. |Phone: 412-281-3700 | Rates: $149 single; $159 double
Reserve your room >>
Access more hotel and travel info >>