Federal priorities include advocating for massage therapy as a covered healthcare benefit, increasing the use of massage therapy as a nonpharmacological therapy and engagement with Congress and agency stakeholders.
AMTA's Interactions with Federal Oversight Agencies
- AMTA submitted recommendations to the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality’s (AHRQ) Noninvasive Nonpharmacological Treatments for Chronic Pain report.
- AMTA responded to a Request for Information (RFI) by the House Ways and Means Committee to assist the new Rural and Underserved Communities Health Task Force answer questions regarding rural access to care and nonpharmacological treatments.
- Read AMTA's statement in support of the U.S. Senate's hearing on “Managing Pain During the Opioid Crisis.”
- See AMTA's comments to the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality’s (AHRQ) Treatments for Acute Pain: A Systematic Review.
- Read AMTA’s joint letter to the House Energy and Commerce Committee seeking hearings to be held on implementation of the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act.