$60.00 members /
4.0 credit hours
Learn how to integrate mind, body and spirit through this simple 12-step program designed make balance an integral part of your daily life. This self-care information will benefit massage therapists both personally and professionally.
Purchase Already purchased? Sign in to take this course »
Learn a simple 12-step program of self-care designed specifically for massage therapists. When you finish this course you will be able to:
- List three benefits of practicing a program of self-care.
- List four techniques for centering yourself.
- Define the value of setting boundaries.
- List five ways preventive care will protect you.
- List four ways to tailor a physical exercise program to your needs.
- Describe how to benefit from gravity, body awareness and reinvention of body mechanics.
- List six techniques that protect your hands.
- List three ways to ensure clear communication.
- List four benefits of mindfulness.
- Describe how practicing good ethics and massage for yourself are of benefit to you.
- List four ways to refresh your perspective.
- Describe three breathing techniques.
- Define the role of compassionate love in the massage therapy setting.
This course contains information that is proprietary. None of the material contained within this course may be used without the express written permission
of AMTA unless otherwise indicated in the course. As a reminder, before practicing any new modalities or techniques, check with your state’s massage therapy
regulatory authority to ensure they are within the state’s defined scope of practice for massage therapy.
About the author(s)
Ariana Vincent, LMT, MTI, NCTMB
Course approval codes
Please note that you must complete each AMTA online learning course and pass the exam one year from the date of purchase. If you do not complete the course
and pass the exam within one year, you will be required to re-purchase the course.
Online courses are non-refundable. AMTA will not cover fees incurred from duplicate payments, insufficient funds, stopped payments or credit/debit cards over