Driving and Flying to Cleveland
Grab your friends or family and plan a trip to the AMTA 2022 National Convention where you'll find massage therapy continuing education, inspiration, networking and so much fun!
The Essential Details
The convention will take place August 25 – 27 at The Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland. Book your room early to secure your place in the hub of convention activity!
Earn 15+ of the highest quality CE hours. Choose from 30+ rigorously vetted continuing education courses.
Arrive By Plane
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) is located 10 miles from downtown Cleveland.
Arrive By Train
Cleveland Lakefront Station is located downtown, less than a mile from the Convention Center.
Arrive By Car: Road Trip To Convention Ideas
From the East
Philadelphia to Cleveland
Travel through the heart of Pennsylvania with stops for history, chocolate, and a break in nature.
- Explore Harrisburg and see the state capitol building, history museums and art galleries.
- There’s a lot to do in Hershey! Tour Hersey World, take time for some rides at Hershey Park, or pick up snacks for the rest of the trip at the Hershey Store.
- Take a break on your drive in Lancaster County. With sights, activities, and experiences for the whole family, including buggy rides and shopping.
- Just south of Cleveland, get out and stretch your legs in nature at the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Ohio’s only National Park. The park includes restored sections of the Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath Trail, part of the original canal towpath.
From the West
Chicago to Cleveland
Hit the beach, a big city, and a small island village on the way to Convention.
- Take a break at the beach at Indiana Dunes National Park. If the beach isn’t your thing, take a walk in the woods to stretch your legs and enjoy the quiet.
- Pause in Toledo to take in the Glass Pavilion at the Toledo Art Museum or the Imagination Station children’s science museum with hands-on exhibits. The Toledo Zoo includes the usual animals, plus ridges and an aquarium.
- Put-In-Bay on South Bass Island in Lake Erie is accessible by ferry. The island includes a state park and a memorial commemorating the 1812 Battle of Lake Erie. Visit the Lake Erie Islands Historical Museum to learn about area winemaking and Perry’s Cave Family Fun Center to see the limestone cave and butterfly house.
- Take a break before the final leg of your trip at Sandusky, on the shores of Lake Erie. The area is known for its family attractions, including water, wildlife and amusement parks. Head to Cedar Point Park for its many roller coasters. For a slower pace, visit the Merry-Go-Round Museum, which features a working vintage carousel.
From the South
Atlanta to Cleveland
Take in sweeping views of nature, horse and hill country, and aviation history en route to Cleveland.
- Pause in Chattanooga, Tennessee to take the Incline Railway up to Lookout Mountain, Ruby Falls, and Rock City.
- As you head towards Knoxville stop in Gatlinburg and Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Gatlinburg includes ways to get sweeping views of the park without heading in, including a Space Needle observation tower and the Sky Lift cable car that takes you from downtown to the amusement park.
- Lexington, Kentucky is known for horse farms and racing. The Kentucky Horse Park features the International Museum of the Horse, the Hall of Champions and many equine breeds.
- Stop at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force near Dayton, and see a vast collection of aircraft from early 1900s planes and a space shuttle exhibit.
Convention Hotel & Travel
Book your hotel room and start planning your trip to Cleveland for the AMTA 2022 National Convention.
Cleveland is on the rise. Extend your stay and discover what makes Cleveland unique.
Special Events & Social Opportunities
Connect with colleagues and new friends during the AMTA 2022 National Convention.