AMTA 2017 National Election: Vote by December 1!
The American Massage Therapy Association's National Elections are now open through December 1, 2017! All AMTA Professional members are eligible to vote and should have received their ballot and voting instructions by email on November 15.
This year's slate includes massage therapists from across the country who bring a wealth of volunteer experience in both chapter and national positions to the AMTA Board of Directors. They also represent a balanced mix of seasoned, experienced national board members with some new faces that bring their energy and complementary skills to AMTA's national board.
If you have not received your ballot, contact Colleen Leeders to have your voting credentials re-sent.
Learn more about the 2017 Slate of Candidates »
Learn More About AMTA's National Elections
AMTA National Board Candidate Checklist
For those being considered, applicants must meet the eligibility criteria and complete the application process. This includes:
- Sign board of directors code of conduct
- Fill out applicant eligibility form
- Sign conflict of interest form
- Take four online courses and pass the corresponding online exams.
- Fill out the bio application
- Submit 60-90 second candidate video
- Submit three letters of reference from professional and personal colleagues and friends. The letters should speak to skills in leadership, volunteer experience and team work.
- Participate in 30 minute phone interview with the Slate Selection Commission
What is the Slate Selection Commission?
The Slate Selection Commission is a group of current and recent past national volunteers with deep knowledge of AMTA who guide candidates through the application process and ensure they meet the high standards required of national board service.
Members eligible to serve on this commission includes: Chapter President Council Moderators, national presidents, past and current national committee members, past Commission on Candidacy members and past Slate Selection Commission members.
The Slate Selection Committee has the important responsibility to bring forward the strongest slate of candidates for the AMTA members to consider.
Vist AMTA's National Elections Additional Information »