We are excited to bring the AMTA 2015 National Convention to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, August 19-22. Below are five fun facts you may not already know about this great city!
1. Pittsburgh is nicknamed the City of Bridges. With more than 446 bridges, it officially beats Venice as having the most bridges of any city in the world!
2. Pittsburgh is the also the U.S. city with the most public stairways! With 712 sets of stairs totaling 44,645 steps, it has more than twice the amount of the next two cities on the list combined!
3. The convention center is the greenest in the world. When you attend Convention at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in downtown Pittsburgh, you’ll appreciate the green design elements and the center’s sustainable practices.
4. Pittsburgh is the home of many inventions. Heinz Ketchup, the Klondike Bar, the Big Mac and even the smiley face emoticon all got their start in Pittsburgh! :)
5. The world’s first museum of modern art was opened in Pittsburgh in 1895. You can still visit the Carnegie Museum of Art today!
On-Site Registration Hours
Wednesday, August 19: 11am-6pm
Thursday, August 20: 7am-6:30pm
Friday, August 21: 7am-6pm
Saturday, August 22: 7am-12:30pm
Come Together at AMTA National Convention
5 Unique Hands-On Classes
Find your inspiration at AMTA National Convention!
Plan Your Trip