We can't wait to welcome Dr. Mehmet Oz, Daytime Emmy® Award-winning host of The Dr. Oz Show, as our AMTA 2014 National Convention keynote speaker! Read on for five surprising facts about America's favorite doctor.
- He's a practicing surgeon. Dr. Oz performs 100+ heart surgeries per year as Vice-Chair and Professor of Surgery at Columbia University and Director of the Cardiovascular Institute and Complementary Medicine Program at New York Presbyterian Hospital.
- He supports complementary and alternative therapies. He prefers drug-free and non-invasive treatments, including massage therapy! But be careful what you read—because of his popularity, his name is often used without permission—watch Dr. Oz take a stand against false advertising. On his blog: Drug-Free Alternatives to Help Insomnia.
- Dr. Oz is a prolific author. He has authored over 400 original publications, book chapters and medical books. He also won the prestigious Gross Surgical Research Scholarship. Check out one of his most popular books.
- He's influential. He's been honored as one of Time's 100 Most Influential People, Esquire’s 75 Most Influential People of the 21st Century, a Global Leader of Tomorrow by the World Economic Forum and “Doctor of the Year” by Hippocrates magazine. His show reaches 118 countries and four million viewers, primarily women between the ages of 25-54—key consumers of massage therapy.
- He may be a surgeon, but...Dr. Oz is also afraid of heights and loves the Harry Potter series. See his kids reveal other secrets.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to be inspired by Dr. Oz at our Opening Session!
Register for Convention Now