Official Rules To Enter the American Massage Therapy Association’s Giveaway
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. When you participate, you will automatically be entered into the giveaway. Or, you may send a 3½” x 5” postcard with your name, address, email address, and home and work phone numbers to AMTA Marketing, 500 Davis Street, Suite 900, Evanston, IL 60201 to be received no later than 10 business days after 9:00 a.m., 2/29/24. No mechanically reproduced entries allowed. American Massage Therapy Association is not responsible for incomplete, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible entries or for address changes of entrants. Any and all illegible entries or entries that otherwise do not conform to the official rules will be disqualified. No purchase is necessary. All entries become the property of sponsor and will not be returned.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Open to legal residents of the U.S. (excluding Puerto Rico), and to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are over the age of majority in their state, province, or territory of residence at the time of entry. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Staff of American Massage Therapy Association and the advertising, promotion and judging agencies, and their respective immediate families living in the same household, are not eligible to participate.
3. DRAWING. Winners will be selected from all eligible entries received in a random drawing in Evanston, IL. The drawing will be conducted by sponsor or another independent judge, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the contest. Winner will be notified by telephone or electronic mail within three (3) business days of the drawing. Winners will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release from liability, and publicity release, all of which must be received by American Massage Therapy Association within 10 days of the date of the drawing, or the date on the notification. If any winner fails to return the affidavit of eligibility, release from liability and publicity release within the specified time period, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
4. PRIZE AND ODDS OF WINNING. Three (3) prizes will be awarded. The prize will consist of an AMTA graduate membership renewal. Approximate retail value of the prize is $89. No prize substitutions or cash equivalents, except at the sole discretion of sponsor. If the prize is not generally available at drawing’s end, a substitution of equal or greater retail value will be made at sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. TEST OF SKILL. Upon notification, the selected entrant, if a Canadian resident, must, unaided, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. In the event that a selected entrant is unable to answer the skill-testing question correctly, the sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the entrant and to randomly draw another eligible entry, and the sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility.
6. GENERAL. By entering, entrants agree to: (1) release the American Massage Therapy Association and its agents from all liability, injuries, loss and/or damage of any kind arising from their participation in the giveaway and the acceptance and use/misuse of the prizes; (2) agree to be bound by the official rules and the decisions of the judge. By accepting the prizes, the winner consents to the use of his or her name, likeness and address (city and state) for advertising and promotional purposes carried out in all media worldwide by sponsor without notification or additional compensation (except if winner is a resident of TN or where otherwise prohibited by law). This giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes applicable to the acceptance and use of prizes awarded. If appropriate, American Massage Therapy Association will issue a 1099 tax form for each winner for the approximate retail value of the prize.
7. LIABILITY RELEASE. By entering the giveaway, selected entrants agree to release and hold harmless the sponsor, its directors, employees, officers, and agents from any injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons or property, including but not limited to death, resulting in whole or in part directly or indirectly from the acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of the awarded prize.
8. DISQUALIFICATION. The sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process.
9. WINNERS' LIST. For the name of the winner, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to American Massage Therapy Association, 500 Davis Street, Suite 900, Evanston, IL 60201. Residents of Canada, Washington and Vermont may omit return postage.
10. SPONSOR. American Massage Therapy Association, 500 Davis Street, Suite 900, Evanston, IL 60201.