Insurance for Professional Massage Therapists
Your AMTA Professional Membership includes broad liability insurance to protect you from covered losses. AMTA has partnered with HPSO, providing insurance coverage through CNA, an “A” rated insurance provider, to provide the best protection for you and your practice.
Your coverage includes:
- Coverage of up to $2 million per occurrence/$6 million aggregate for professional liability, general liability, products and personal injury
- Coverage for hot stone massage is included at no extra cost
- Dual coverage for massage therapists who are also estheticians and/or yoga instructors is also included at no extra charge
- There is no charge to add an additional insured
- Downloading your Certificate of Insurance is free and easy
Insurance for Recent Massage School Graduates
The Graduate membership level is designed specifically for those new to the profession. Members at this level enjoy the same general liability insurance as Professional AMTA Members.
Graduate Members qualify for the insurance coverage if they have:
- Graduated from their initial massage therapy training program of 500 or more in-class hours;
- Met applicable state or local licensing requirements.*
Insurance for Massage Therapy Students
Student members are covered with AMTA’s professional and general liability insurance for school-sponsored or sanctioned activities while they are still a student.
Upon graduation, students may renew as a Graduate member to enjoy AMTA’s top-notch Professional and General Liability Insurance.
Call our insurance provider HPSO at 1-888-253-1474 if you:
- Have additional questions about coverage, including, whether or not a specific modality is included
- Need to report a claim
- Need a copy of your insurance policy
Need to add an additional insured?
Call us toll free at 1-877-905-2700
Need to print your Certificate of Insurance (COI)?
Login to the AMTA Website and click the link on your member profile.
Seeking other types of insurance?
Check out AMTA’s Optional Insurance Program for group rates on health, dental, life and more.
*Please note that for any state or locale that requires licensure, it’s imperative that Graduate Members do not practice until their license has been obtained. Where licensure is required, successful graduation from a massage therapy training program may not be sufficient for professional liability coverage to apply.
Back to top