$37.00 members / $62.00 nonmembers 2.5 credit hours
Purchase Already purchased? Sign in to take this course »
Learn about the populations impacted by this very common pain, as well as specific types, causes and structures involved in lower back pain—and how massage therapy can help. Get descriptions of conventional and surgical treatments for lower back pain and how best to use massage therapy.
Get detailed information on lower back pain and how massage therapy can help clients dealing with this common health condition. Learn self-care for both clients and massage therapists to improve or prevent lower back pain. When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Understand how massage therapy has been proven one of the better methods for alleviating lower back pain.
- Describe the structures involved in acute and chronic types of lower back pain.
- Define populations prone to lower back pain and the terms used to identify that pain.
- Describe conventional and surgical treatments for acute and chronic types of lower back pain.
- Cite research that indicates massage therapy is one of the more successful treatments for lower back pain.
- List intake questions, accommodations, stretching and self-care techniques for lower back pain.
This course contains information that is proprietary. None of the material contained within this course may be used without the express written permission of AMTA unless otherwise indicated in the course. As a reminder, before practicing any new modalities or techniques, check with your state’s massage therapy regulatory authority to ensure they are within the state’s defined scope of practice for massage therapy.
Course approval codes
Please note that you must complete each AMTA online learning course and pass the exam one year from the date of purchase. If you do not complete the course and pass the exam within one year, you will be required to re-purchase the course.
Online courses are non-refundable. AMTA will not cover fees incurred from duplicate payments, insufficient funds, stopped payments or credit/debit cards over credit limits.