$30.00 members / $50.00 nonmembers 2.0 credit hours
Purchase Already purchased? Sign in to take this course »
Burnout in massage therapists is often insidious, creeping up steadily with prolonged excessive stress levels. Once the syndrome of burnout has set in, recovery may require some time and may be difficult to manage.
Learn ways for massage therapists to identify burnout and to avoid the syndrome.
Burnout is a problem massage therapists should identify early. When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Define the cost and characteristics of burnout and how the syndrome differs from stress.
- List six signs of burnout.
- Describe how a time chart and a time diagram can be used to balance your life.
- List seven business and massage tasks that can be delegated to others.
- List five things you can do for yourself to restore or maintain life balance.
- List five business practices you can adopt to ensure consistency in your business operations.
- Describe the role of a healthy life style in maintaining a balanced life.
This course contains information that is proprietary. None of the material contained within this course may be used without the express written permission of AMTA unless otherwise indicated in the course. As a reminder, before practicing any new modalities or techniques, check with your state’s massage therapy regulatory authority to ensure they are within the state’s defined scope of practice for massage therapy.
About the author(s)
Amy Roberts, LMT
Course approval codes
Please note that you must complete each AMTA online learning course and pass the exam one year from the date of purchase. If you do not complete the course and pass the exam within one year, you will be required to re-purchase the course.
Online courses are non-refundable. AMTA will not cover fees incurred from duplicate payments, insufficient funds, stopped payments or credit/debit cards over credit limits.