$37.00 members /
2.5 credit hours
Purchase Already purchased? Sign in to take this course »
Learn how massage therapists can provide the most beneficial massage therapy for clients with cardiovascular disease. Delve into risk factors, medications and symptoms to look for in these clients, as well as the proven benefits of massage therapy for clients with cardiovascular disease and how you can use that knowledge to build your practice.
Examine the ways massage therapy can benefit clients with cardiovascular disease and how to ensure you can provide those benefits. Review studies you can use when talking with physicians. When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Describe how massage therapy can benefit clients with cardiovascular disease.
- List controllable and uncontrollable risk factors in cardiovascular disease.
- Describe the proven benefits of massage therapy for clients with stress, hypertension, heart failure, and post-cardiac surgery.
- List 10 common types of medications used by clients with cardiovascular disease.
- Describe methods that enable you to provide the best care for clients with cardiovascular disease.
- Describe ways to add clients with cardiovascular disease to your clientele.
This course contains information that is proprietary. None of the material contained within this course may be used without the express written permission
of AMTA unless otherwise indicated in the course. As a reminder, before practicing any new modalities or techniques, check with your state’s massage therapy
regulatory authority to ensure they are within the state’s defined scope of practice for massage therapy.
About the author(s)
Helen Tosch is an award-winning writer and editor with more than 14 years of experience editing and writing for a variety of audiences and professions. She’s written for a variety of online and print publications and has an extensive background in writing for varying health care organizations, including Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Assurant Health.
Course approval codes
LCEU0001616, MSP #202
Please note that you must complete each AMTA online learning course and pass the exam one year from the date of purchase. If you do not complete the course
and pass the exam within one year, you will be required to re-purchase the course.
Online courses are non-refundable. AMTA will not cover fees incurred from duplicate payments, insufficient funds, stopped payments or credit/debit cards over