$30.00 members /
2.0 credit hours
Purchase Already purchased? Sign in to take this course »
Assist clients dealing with the most common form of arthritis by learning the symptoms, those most at risk and how massage therapy can help. Learn how massage therapists can help manage the pain of osteoarthritis, including flexibility, techniques and contraindications for massage therapy.
This course defines osteoarthritis, its causes, symptoms, populations at risk and treatments. It includes information on how to safely and successfully help these clients using massage therapy. When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Understand how the value of massage therapy for clients with osteoarthritis helps massage therapists.
- List symptoms, areas affected, and clients at risk for osteoarthritis.
- List treatment and management options for osteoarthritis along with the general benefits of massage therapy as a treatment.
- List contraindications for massage therapy for clients with osteoarthritis.
- Cite studies that show massage therapy as effective for client with osteoarthritis in knees, hands and wrists.
- List the skills needed and the actions to take for massage therapists to market to and successfully assist clients with osteoarthritis.
This course contains information that is proprietary. None of the material contained within this course may be used without the express written permission
of AMTA unless otherwise indicated in the course. As a reminder, before practicing any new modalities or techniques, check with your state’s massage therapy
regulatory authority to ensure they are within the state’s defined scope of practice for massage therapy.
About the author(s)
Helen Tosch is an award-winning writer and editor with more than 14 years of experience editing and writing for a variety of audiences and professions. She’s written for a variety of online and print publications and has an extensive background in writing for varying health care organizations, including Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Assurant Health.
Course approval codes
MSP #198; LCEU0001611; DE #111408
Please note that you must complete each AMTA online learning course and pass the exam one year from the date of purchase. If you do not complete the course
and pass the exam within one year, you will be required to re-purchase the course.
Online courses are non-refundable. AMTA will not cover fees incurred from duplicate payments, insufficient funds, stopped payments or credit/debit cards over