$45.00 members /
3.0 credit hours
Purchase Already purchased? Sign in to take this course »
Learn how to confidently deliver presentations and courses about health and wellness that will help to improve success with current massage therapy clients and cultivate new clients. Gain tools for developing and delivering classes to adult learners that will both highlight your skills and introduce or reinforce the value of massage therapy in a health care regimen.
Learn how and why to offer classes to adult learners on the value of massage therapy (and any other skills you have to offer) for healthful living. Review the steps needed to build a solid course, options to choose from in presenting your course and what details to watch for that will increase your chances of success.
When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Understand three ways offering health and wellness classes can improve your massage therapy business.
- List three adult learning styles, six concepts of successful courses and two challenges you may face teaching adults.
- Describe how to manage information, in-class-delivery, yourself and participants when teaching adults.
- Define the five ‘W’ questions to answer to develop a successful course.
- Describe the value of lectures, activities, goals and learning objectives in adult learning.
- List six details about classrooms to consider.
This course contains information that is proprietary. None of the material contained within this course may be used without the express written permission
of AMTA unless otherwise indicated in the course. As a reminder, before practicing any new modalities or techniques, check with your state’s massage therapy
regulatory authority to ensure they are within the state’s defined scope of practice for massage therapy.
About the author(s)
Course approval codes
Please note that you must complete each AMTA online learning course and pass the exam one year from the date of purchase. If you do not complete the course
and pass the exam within one year, you will be required to re-purchase the course.
Online courses are non-refundable. AMTA will not cover fees incurred from duplicate payments, insufficient funds, stopped payments or credit/debit cards over