$45.00 members / $75.00 nonmembers 3.0 credit hours
Purchase Already purchased? Sign in to take this course »
Effective communication with your massage therapy clients can be the key to a successful massage therapy practice. Learn innovative ways to build business sucess through personal interactions.
Review communications methods to improve initial contacts, consultations, follow-up calls and managing client expectations in your massage practice. When you finish this course you will be able to:
- Understand how emotional and spiritual development determines the kind of service you offer clients.
- List the three essential areas of business.
- Describe the parts, roles and value of consultations and initial phone calls.
- Describe how to manage client expectations.
- List ways to manage sessions and session fees.
- Define the value and process of follow-up calls and “walking the charts.”
- List five important policies for a massage therapy practice.
- Explain the value of mentoring, ROFs and time management.
This course contains information that is proprietary. None of the material contained within this course may be used without the express written permission of AMTA unless otherwise indicated in the course. As a reminder, before practicing any new modalities or techniques, check with your state’s massage therapy regulatory authority to ensure they are within the state’s defined scope of practice for massage therapy.
About the author(s)
Michael Gaeta has 21 years of successful clinical practice, first as an Asian bodywork therapist,
then adding the other healing arts of clinical nutrition, acupuncture and herbal medicine. He gauges his success by how he has helped people make lasting changes in their lives and improvements in their health. In clinical practice he earned a gross annual income of $250,000 seeing clients three-and-a-half days per week.
Please note that you must complete each AMTA online learning course and pass the exam one year from the date of purchase. If you do not complete the course and pass the exam within one year, you will be required to re-purchase the course.
Online courses are non-refundable. AMTA will not cover fees incurred from duplicate payments, insufficient funds, stopped payments or credit/debit cards over credit limits.