$30.00 members /
2.0 credit hours
Purchase Already purchased? Sign in to take this course »
Massage therapy can be used to address the cause of pain in the forearm, wrist and hand. Learn how these concepts can help keep massage therapists healthy and strengthen the massage therapy profession. These insights and tools can also serve your client base.
Learn how massage therapists can deal with forearm, hand and wrist pain. When you finish this course you will be able to:
- List four areas where massage of attachments for the forearm, wrist and hand is commonly missed when relying on a massage plan.
- Explain how resolving the origin of pain benefits massage therapists and their clients.
- Describe how to begin a massage session by working with fascia. Detail the three massage techniques and the preferred direction of the strokes used that are described in this course for forearm, hand and wrist work.
- List four areas of common nerve entrapment.
- List three muscles that can compress nerves in the spine.
- List the six potential causes for chronic pain described in this course and a possible solution for each.
- Describe two ways to investigate sources of pain for your client that go beyond the area of acute injury.
This course contains information that is proprietary. None of the material contained within this course may be used without the express written permission
of AMTA unless otherwise indicated in the course. As a reminder, before practicing any new modalities or techniques, check with your state’s massage therapy
regulatory authority to ensure they are within the state’s defined scope of practice for massage therapy.
About the author(s)
Dennis Price is a Florida licensed massage therapist. His background includes work as a paramedic, an A.S. degree in Emergency Medicine, teaching paramedics, Neuromuscular Therapy Certification and teaching over 175 NMT courses with St John NMT Seminars. He is also a Certified Master practitioner in NLP. He has a private practice in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and teaches his own series of seminars on health, fitness and personal development. He can be reached at www.WholisticConsulting.com.
Course approval codes
MSP #167; LCEU0001654
Please note that you must complete each AMTA online learning course and pass the exam one year from the date of purchase. If you do not complete the course
and pass the exam within one year, you will be required to re-purchase the course.
Online courses are non-refundable. AMTA will not cover fees incurred from duplicate payments, insufficient funds, stopped payments or credit/debit cards over