- Becoming a Massage Therapist
Essential information for those interested in pursuing a career in massage therapy.
- Choosing a Massage Therapy Training Program
Tips to help you take that first step in your massage therapy career-- finding the right massage therapy school for you.
- Choosing an Employer
Help for when you're making decisions about where to work.
- Massage Therapist Career Path Assessment Quiz
Curious as to which massage therapy work setting fits you best? This short quiz will give you guidance on which field may be best suited for you based on your preferences, interests and work style.
- Overview of Massage Therapy Career Options
Find out more about the available career opportunities in massage therapy and how you can choose what best fits your interests.
- Responsibilities of Being an Employee
- Learn more about what you can expect as an employee practicing massage therapy.
- Setting Long-Term Goals
- Long-term goals help you stay focused on where you are- and where you want to be- in your career as a massage therapist.
- Sources of Job Leads
Quality sources of job leads are important, whether you have many years of massage experience or are embarking on a new career as a massage therapist.
- Writing a Massage Therapy Cover Letter
Learn how to write a cover letter that will stand out for prospective massage therapy employers, and download a sample cover letter.
- Writing Your Massage Therapy Resume
Get resume writing tips and a sample massage therapy resume.
Related Massage Therapy Journal articles
"I chose AMTA because they are committed to advancing the profession."
—Jackie R., AMTA member since 2011