2014 Grants and Contests Now Open
The Foundation offers many opportunities to advance research about massage therapy. Three different options are available:
• Research Grants-funds research studies investigating the beneficial applications of massage therapy. Deadline to apply: Monday, March 3, 2014.
• Community Service Grants-awarded to charitable organizations that provide massage therapy to those having no or little access to such services. Deadline to apply: Tuesday, April 1, 2014.
• Practitioner and Student Case Report Contests-intended to enhance professional development and research skills. Deadline to apply: Practitioner Case Reports-Wednesday, October 1, 2014, and Student Case Reports-Monday, June, 2, 2014.
Learn more »
Free eBook: Working With Physicians
As a massage therapist, you work with many different types of people. Many of them come to see you seeking help with pain management. At The Massage Therapy Foundation, we want to give you the tools and resources you need to serve your clients and grow your business. The research studies in this book will help you approach your work with the confidence that comes from knowing that the work you do has a basis in science.
Download your free copy today »
Register for the Basics of Research Literacy
Learn more about the basics of research literacy in an 8-hour NCBTMB-approved online course. When taking this course, you will gain knowledge on the following topics:
• Understand basic research vocabulary and concepts;
• Know how to use various databases to quickly find the information you’re looking for;
• Discern the differences between advertisements, trade magazines, and academic journals;
• Evaluate published research for its validity;
• Apply findings to your work to build your practice and improve outcomes.
Learn more and register for Basics of Literacy Research»
International Journal of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (IJTMB)
The Massage Therapy Foundation is pleased to provide the “International Journal of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork: Research, Education, & Practice” (IJTMB). It is available at http://www.ijtmb.org/. IJTMB is an online, peer-reviewed, open access scientific journal for the therapeutic massage and bodywork profession, and is available free of subscription fees and contributing author charges. It’s an indispensable resource for members of the massage and bodywork profession as well as for related health-care professionals.
Learn more about IJTMB »