Massage Therapy Foundation 2014 Grants and Contests Now Open
The Foundation offers many opportunities to advance the research of practitioners and students. Three different options are available:
- Research Grants-funds research studies investigating the beneficial applications of massage therapy
- Community Service Grants-awarded to charitable organizations that provide massage therapy to those having no or little access to such services
- Practitioner and Student Case Report Contests-intended to enhance professional development and research skills
Stay tuned for updates regarding official deadlines and check out our new website launching at the end of September.
New Free eBook: Pediatric Massage: A Massage Therapist’s Guide to Getting Started
As a massage therapist, you work with many different types of people. Many of them come to see you seeking help with pain management. At The Massage Therapy Foundation, we want to give you the tools and resources you need to serve your clients and grow your business. The information in this book will help you approach your work with the confidence that comes from knowing that the work you do has a basis in science.
Download the eBook.
Register for the Basics of Research Literacy
Learn more about the basics of research literacy in an 8-hour NCBTMB-approved online course. When taking this course, you will gain knowledge on the following topics:
- Understand basic research vocabulary and concepts;
- Know how to use various databases to quickly find the information you’re looking for;
- Discern the differences between advertisements, trade magazines, and academic journals;
- Evaluate published research for its validity;
- Apply findings to your work to build your practice and improve outcomes.
Learn more and register for Basics of Literacy Research.
The Massage Therapy Foundation is pleased to provide the International Journal of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork: Research, Education, & Practice (IJTMB). IJTMB is an online, peer-reviewed, open access scientific journal for the therapeutic massage and bodywork profession, and is available free of subscription fees and contributing author charges. It’s an indispensable resource for members of the massage and bodywork profession as well as for related health-care professionals.
Learn more about IJTMB.