AMTA Board of Directors September Meeting Notes
The AMTA Board of Directors met September 23-24 in Fort Worth, Texas prior to the AMTA 2013 National Convention. Read a recap from the meeting:
- The board handled several governance issues related to volunteer positions.
- The board was given an updated financial report for the 5-month period ending July 31, to assist the board in monitoring AMTA’s finances. AMTA continues to be in very sound financial condition.
- The board approved naming the $5,000 student scholarship in honor of Bob King’s contributions to AMTA and to the massage therapy profession. It will now be known as the Bob King AMTA Student Scholarship.
- The board also approved the selection of Milwaukee, Wisconsin as the site of the 2016 National Convention.
- The board received updates on the Consumer Awareness Program, including the 2013 AMTA Massage Therapy Tour, release of Research Roundups, advertising, and current efforts with national media outlets.The next phase of the Consumer Awareness Program is National Massage Therapy Awareness Week in October.
- And, the board heard reports, updates and presentations from the National Chapter Relations Committee Chair, Immediate-Past President Cynthia Ribeiro on the Entry Level Analysis Project (ELAP), and the Massage Therapy Foundation President.
- The board also received updates from staff on government and industry relations.