Today’s massage therapist practices in a variety of settings. One area that continues to grow is the spa industry. AMTA participates with spa associations and organizations to create work opportunities for members and gain more national prominence. AMTA is also committed to offering members the tools they need to successfully work in spas.
• Attendance at the 5th Annual Day Spa Association & Business Forum offering business focused sessions covering the newest trends & topics for spa professionals on all aspects of their business and operational needs.
• Official Chair Massage Sponsor and exhibitor at International Spa Association (ISPA) National Conference and Expo attended by spa managers and professionals.
• Submission to Present at the Educational Sessions at ISPA National Conference & Expo. AMTA has presented the last three years on massage therapy to leaders in the spa industry.
• Career Guide Series – Working in a Spa debuting with the fall issue of mtj®. The Career Guide Series is designed to give members information on working in a variety of setting.
• Spa Track Education Sessions at AMTA’s 2010 National Convention in Minneapolis. Learn the latest information and techniques from spa professionals.
All these efforts help align expectations and contribute to more successful employee and employer relationships within spa settings. As more massage therapists, including AMTA members, are employed by spas, it is important to be involved with this growing industry.
AMTA continues to reach out to the industries that impact massage to give you the tools you need for professional success!