The American Massage Therapy Association's 2017 National Convention is coming up September 14-16 in Pasadena, California!
It’s going to be a great week, and we hope you’ll take a few moments to review tips to have the best experience possible.
AMTA 2017 National Convention Location
Pasadena Convention Center
300 E. Green St., Pasadena, CA 91101
Find your hotel location and other travel tips »
Visit the AMTA Registration Desk in the Pasadena Convention Center to pick up your registration packet. Your packet will include your badge (which must be worn at all times), your full schedule and tickets for CE courses and social events.
AMTA National Convention Registration Desk Hours
- Wednesday, September 13: 11am-6pm
- Thursday, September 14: 7am-6:30pm
- Friday, September 15: 7am-6pm
- Saturday, September 16: 7am-12:30pm
Continuing Education Sessions
Class Needs: Massage Tables & Other Materials
Review the class needs for your CE sessions. If you are unable to bring the required materials and want to choose a class that better fits your personal needs, you can switch classes on-site at the AMTA Registration Desk.
Review class descriptions now »
AMTA will offer complimentary overnight table storage at the Pasadena Convention Center for those bringing a table.
How to Find Your Continuing Education (CE) Sessions & Events
Pick up the new AMTA Show Daily every morning when you arrive at the Pasadena Convention Center. The Show Daily includes classroom numbers and other up-to-date information to help you navigate AMTA National Convention.
The AMTA 2017 National Convention app is another way to stay organized throughout AMTA National Convention. Find room numbers, a convention center map and a scheduling tool in this free app.
Many AMTA National Convention events are located in the Pasadena Convention Center, which is composed of four buildings across a small courtyard from each other to help us enjoy the beautiful California sun. Most will be centered around the Exhibit Hall/Ballroom Building, but make sure to check the Show Daily for specific locations and room numbers.
- The Exhibit Hall/Ballroom Building (Registration Desk, Exhibit Hall, Dinner Dance, many education sessions)
- The Pasadena Civic Auditorium (Opening Session)
- Exhibit Hall C Building (Closing Session)
- The Conference Center (Education Sessions)
Earning Continuing Education (CE) Credit
- Badges are required at all times.
- When you enter a CE session, have your ticket ready, sign the attendance roster and turn in your yellow CE card (which will be returned to you as proof of attendance at the end of the session).
- AMTA reports CE credits earned at AMTA National Convention to state massage licensing boards.
- Check your AMTA member profile for an updated CE transcript after AMTA National Convention.
- The yellow CE card with stamped sessions is a back up for your records. It does not need to be submitted to your state board or to AMTA.
Learn more about AMTA's CE approval process »
Continuing education speaker handouts will be distributed outside of each classroom. If the speaker has authorized us to distribute their presentation handouts, you will have access to these on AMTA's website.
Don't miss out on these social events! Visit AMTA's Registration Desk for tickets (if required).
- Opening Session with world renowned fitness expert Shaun T at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium! Doors open on Thursday at 8:15am (badges required).
- Opening Night Reception, sponsored by Massage Envy: Thursday, 5:30pm—all registered attendees are welcome!
- Dinner Dance, sponsored by Massage Warehouse: $85. Register by Friday at 9am (one ticket is included with a full registration).
- Get a photo in the Exhibit Hall with Opening Session speaker Shaun T on Thursday, September 14 at 11am.
- Get a photo in the Exhibit Hall with Closing Session speaker Shawn Achor on Saturday, September 16 at noon.
View more special events »
Prepare for Pasadena
What to Pack
Check the weather in advance, but you can expect September highs in the 80s.
- Business casual attire is suggested for general classes, comfortable clothing for hands-on classes and semi-formal attire for the Dinner Dance.
- Layers are recommended for potentially cool meeting rooms.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Pack plenty of business cards for networking.
- Any materials required for your CE session - view class descriptions for details.
Help us Create a Safe & Successful AMTA National Convention
- Badges are required at all times.
- No one under the age of 16 will be admitted to the Exhibit Hall or classrooms.
- Professional photography and/or video recording are prohibited without advance, written permission from AMTA. No selfie sticks as a courtesy to others.
- Before using any new product or service, make sure you’re knowledgeable about the massage therapy scope of practice in your area by checking with your state’s massage therapy regulatory authority.
- Any person engaged in disruptive behavior of any kind may be removed from the premises at the discretion of AMTA or the facility.
Download the Free App
Download the free AMTA 2017 National Convention mobile app to view education schedules, find social events, access speaker bios, navigate your way through the convention center and more. Get the app now »
Follow AMTA on Facebook and Twitter for photos and live updates—share your experience using #AMTAConv!
Road Trip to Pasadena
Pasadena Sightseeing Itineraries
Pasadena in the Movies
Register Early & Save for the AMTA 2018 National Convention
Join us in Washington D.C.! Be the first to register for the AMTA 2018 National Convention, October 26-29, in Washington D.C. at the special rate of just $385.
Look for the special form in your registration packet, or register online through September 30. Take advantage of this special rate and receive first selection of classes when speakers are announced in the spring!
Have additional questions? Visit the AMTA Registration Desk or AMTA Booth #212 and we’ll be happy to help you out. See you in Pasadena!