Named one of the “Top 10 Places to Travel in the World in 2016” by the Boston Globe, we’re looking forward bringing the AMTA 2016 National Convention to Milwaukee, Wisconsin this fall!
Here are some fun facts about “Cream City” to get you excited to visit!
- Milwaukee is the largest city in the state of Wisconsin.
- Milwaukee is located on Lake Michigan, the second largest of the five Great Lakes with 22,300 square miles of fresh water.
- The Milwaukee RiverWalk spans nearly 3 miles along the Milwaukee River.
Milwaukee River Walk
- There are 17 museums in downtown Milwaukee and 25 including the surrounding counties.
- Milwaukee is nicknamed Cream City because of its distinctive cream-colored brick and Brew City because of its rich brewing history. Some people also refer to it as MKE.
- Milwaukee is the birth place of Harley-Davidson (1903) and home of the world’s only Harley-Davidson Museum.
- The Rockwell Automation/Allen Bradley Clock tower houses the 2nd largest four-faced clock in the world. It’s even larger than the famous Big Ben in London!
Rockwell Automation/Allen Bradley Clock Tower
- The typewriter was invented in Milwaukee in 1867, and the first answering machine was created there in 1948.
- German Fest serves 20,000 bratwursts and 15,000 pieces of strudel to hungry Milwaukeeans each summer.
- The TV shows “Happy Days” and “Laverne & Shirley” were set in Milwaukee. In fact, along Milwaukee’s RiverWalk is a “Bronze Fonze” statue depicting Henry Winkler’s character on “Happy Days.”
At the AMTA 2016 National Convention you can make a difference in your career. Earn 18+ hours of rigorously vetted continuing education while networking with massage therapists and experts in the field. Be inspired by Keynote Speaker Robin Roberts at Opening Session where she will inspire you to live your best possible life.
Stay in Milwaukee
Stay in the hub of convention activity at AMTA’s official host hotel, conveniently located across from the Wisconsin Center where Convention will take place. Free guest room Wi-Fi and a workout facility are included. Reserve your room by October 4!
Hilton Milwaukee City Center
509 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203
Reserve your room online »
To book by phone, call the Hilton at 414-271-7250 and mention the AMTA rate.
Learn More About Convention
Continuing Education Sessions »
Robin Roberts Invites You to AMTA National Convention »