Cardiovascular disease is the number one killer of men and women in the United States, according to the American Heart Association. The good news is decades of research shows that massage therapy is effective in lowering stress and blood pressure, which are contributors of heart disease.
What the Research Says
Resources for Heart Health
- Our Massage Therapy Journal's Healthy Heart shows how to manage the risk factors for heart disease, as well as the role massage therapy can play.
- We partnered with the American Heart Association to provide massage therapists and their clients tips on cardivascular health.
- Learn techniques that can help you take control of stress.
Incorporate Massage Into Your Heart Health Regimen
- Check with your physician before beginning massage therapy if you have a heart condition or other medical issues.
- Search for a trusted massage therapist at FindaMassageTherapist.org.
- Talk to your massage therapist about what you hope to achieve with massage therapy.