The American Massage Therapy Association is the largest non-profit, professional association serving massage therapists, massage students and massage schools. The association is directed by volunteer leadership and fosters ongoing, direct member-involvement through its 51 chapters. AMTA works to advance the profession through ethics and standards, the promotion of fair and consistent licensing of massage therapists in all states and public education on the benefits of massage.
- We offer the strongest benefits in the profession, including liability insurance, education, publications, networking opportunities and more. Learn about how AMTA helps members grow.
- AMTA’s Find a Massage Therapist® national locator service helps consumers and medical professionals find qualified massage therapists in their area.
- AMTA has the latest massage therapy profession research, including consumer and industry fact sheets.
- Our newsroom features current information about the association and the massage profession.
- Massage Therapy Journal (mtj) is our award-winning magazine that helps massage therapists grow professionally and personally.