Most recent news releases
- Support Team Massage Therapy Foundation: Running For Research Mar 1, 2014
AMTA member Kristen Lutz and Team Massage Therapy Foundation: Running for Research are advancing the knowledge and practice of massage therapy by supporting scientific research, education and community service.
- Five Ways Massage Can Improve Your Health Feb 21, 2014
Massage therapy is too often perceived as only a luxury, but it can play an important role in your health regimen.
- Bringing Home the Gold: Sports Massage on Fox News Feb 14, 2014
Massage therapy helps Olympic athletes stay in peak condition. AMTA member Laura Stevenson-Flom discusses her experience at the 2012 Olympics and the benefits of sports massage with FOX News.
- AMTA Shares Entry-Level Analysis Project Report & Blueprint Feb 10, 2014
AMTA is happy to share the report from the Entry-Level Analysis Project (ELAP) workgroup and their recommended Blueprint for entry-level massage therapy education.
- Train Like an Olympic Athlete With Sports Massage Feb 7, 2014
AMTA member Laura Stevenson-Flom shares some of her experiences working with Olympic athletes, and how it can also benefit weekend warriors.
Browse all »
Learn More About the Massage Therapy Profession
Research and Fact Sheets
AMTA Research Roundup
Massage Therapy Consumer Survey Fact Sheet
Massage Therapy Industry Survey Fact Sheet
AMTA Position Statements
» Browse other research
"Working with AMTA has allowed me to grow every year and learn more about massage therapy and how it continues to impact people in many positive ways."
—Constance S., AMTA member since 1987