August 4–6, 2012, 10 am–5 pm
School for Allied Massage and Ayurveda
79 Thames Street
Newport, RI 02840
During this class, Karyn will lead the class through the concepts, theory, benefits, precautionary measures and a demonstration of shirodhara therapy on the first day. On the second and third day of class, students will have the chance to practice and receive shirodhara therapy through a guided practicum forum with Karyn. The class will go on a guided stone harvest on the first day. Shirodhara therapy involves a controlled flow of warm oil is gently poured over the “Ajna” or third eye chakra. The oil then streams down the crown chakra, which magnifies the senses, disperses negative electrical impulses that accumulate at the forehead from stress, reverses imbalances within the body, rejuvenates the face and renews the sweetness of life.
Shirodhara is one of the most unique therapies available for reducing stress and enhancing cellular intelligence and immunity. Scholarships due to financial difficulties may be available. Finance plans available with affordable interest rates.
- Class Length:Three-day Workshop
- Class Credits:18 CEs from the NCBTMB
- Dates: Aug. 4th – 6th, 2012
- Location: 79 Thames St Newport, RI 02840
- Class Hours: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm EST
- Food & Dining:Bring your own, or join us at one of the nearby restaurants
- Master Instructor: Karyn Chabot D.Ay, MS, LMT (Karyn’s Bio)
- Learn the history of shirodhara therapy
- Become competent at massaging the head & feet
- Ascertain the contraindications
- Understand the benefits
- Become proficient in performing shirodhara
- Discover marma points on the head and face
- Learn about Ayurvedic facial analysis
- Comprehend nasya and karna purana therapy
- Become familiar with the Ayurvedic classification of massage oils
- Define some common shirodhara remedies
- Learn how to put the shirodhara equipment together
- Become skilled in keeping the temperature of the oil consistent and the flow of oil uninterrupted.
- Develop your intuition and how to connect deeply with your client
AMTA does not endorse or certify listed programs or events, their content or the presenter/provider, or verify the accuracy of posted information. It is up to the individual viewer to determine eligibility for continuing education credit in accordance with AMTA, state or NCBTMB guidelines. Posted events on the AMTA Continuing Education Calendar are subject to review. AMTA reserves the right to investigate a complaint regarding an event, organization or presenter/provider. At its discretion, AMTA may delete postings that are objectionable, receive complaints and/or do not conform to AMTA policies.