Massage therapy can play an important role in your health regimen. Here are five ways massage may improve health and wellness.
1. Lower stress. The longterm effects of stress can take emotional and physical tolls. Massage therapy may relieve stress and conditions associated with it, such as tension headaches.
2. Increase immune function. Medical research indicates that massage therapy can help boost immune system strength by increasing the activity level of the body’s natural "killer T cells,” which fight off viruses.
3. Boost mental health and wellness. Research suggests that symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression (all associated with mental health) may be directly affected with massage therapy.
4. Manage pain. Pain can negatively affect a person’s quality of life and impede recovery from illness or injury. Recent findings highlight the role of massage in pain management.
5. Improve physical fitness. Elite and recreational athletes alike can benefit from massage therapy—massage can to reduce muscle tension, improve exercise performance and prevent injuries.
Massage for Health & Wellness