Professional Development Manager
- Committee members review and advise on educational programming for the teachers’ track at the AMTA National Convention. Volunteers offer their insight and guidance in evaluating prospective speakers’ proposals and materials for accuracy, relevancy, and high quality educational content as it relates to teachers’ educational needs and interest.
- Committee members are responsible for preparing for and participating in all conference calls, as well as email communications, related to the selection of the National Convention teachers’ track sessions.
- Committee members will act as ambassadors on-site during the conduct of the National Convention teachers’ track and may be asked to welcome the speaker, welcome attendees, assist in distributing handouts, or other functions as assigned.
- Committee members will provide their written input as to the speakers’ content, presentation style, handouts, and interaction with attendees so that should future proposals be received from the speaker, committee members can provide comment.
- Committee members may be asked for their input on teacher-related educational issues or inquiries received from members or non-members.
- Committee members may be asked to provide information for the School Advantage e-newsletter or for the Hands-On newsletter.
Committee members will review the proposals received from the Call for Speakers for the teachers track at the National Convention. The approximate time commitment during this task is 15 hours total, which includes participation in a 3 hour conference call and email communications related to the selection of topics and speakers at the National Convention. This review will occur between September and December.
Committee members will serve on an annual basis from March 1 through February 28 and can be reappointed on an annual basis for no more than four (4) consecutive years.
Committee members cannot speak at the National Convention teachers’ track for which they are planning the educational sessions. They can, however, serve as a moderator for a session.
Although attendance at the National Convention is not required, it is strongly encouraged. Expenses to attend the National Convention are the responsibility of the committee member.
Any formally designated school representative of an AMTA school member in good standing may serve on this committee.
Committee members should have access to and knowledge of trends in higher education in general and the massage therapy profession specifically.
Committee members should be a current part-time or full-time instructor for a massage therapy school.
Committee members must have attended a National Convention within the last four (4) years and been involved in massage therapy education for a minimum of five (5) years.
Committee members will receive a CD of the electronic proposals submitted by the prospective speakers. Committee members should be able to open electronic documents, track changes, save, and forward.
Committee members must sign the AMTA Appointed Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Benefits of Serving - Committee members will
help guide and direct the educational programming for the National Convention teachers’ track, having an impact on massage therapy teachers.
use their knowledge and experience tohelpother members further their professional development.
be seen as knowledgeable about higher education issues in general and those specific to massage therapy faculty.
be acknowledged for their contribution to AMTA’s National Convention educational program.
have your school receive recognition as having an employee serve on a national non-profit association’s education committee.
Composition of Committee
The composition of the committee will be determined by the duties and responsibilities and additional projects that may be assigned to the committee. It is anticipated that approximately four (4) to five (5) individuals will serve on the committee at any one time.
Please send you resume, with a brief cover letter describing your interest and experience, to:
Monica Love, professional development manager
Should you have any questions, please contact Monica Love at firstname.lastname@example.org .