AMTA Communications Manager and AMTA Marketing Manager
Approximately 2-10 hours/year
Committee members review AMTA material for accuracy of content and tone in the following areas: public relations, media relations, marketing and website communications. Review projects target the public (consumers and/or media), AMTA members or prospective members. The committee constitutes a pool of reviewers who work on various projects throughout the year, returning comments directly to the AMTA staff project leader. Past review projects have included a student recruitment video script, new membership materials (i.e. letters, applications), brochures, chapter website guidelines and fact sheets.
- Periodically during the year, you will be asked via e-mail to participate on a project in the area of public relations, media relations, marketing or website communication.
- A description of the project with timelines will be provided.
- You will review the project for accuracy of content, language, design and tone, and provide feedback to the AMTA staff project leader. Feedback may be done by answering a series of questions or by free association.
- Once you have submitted your review to the AMTA staff project leader, your participation on the project is completed, and your name goes back into the pool of reviewers for consideration in other projects that follow.
- You will rarely be involved in more than one project at the same time.
- AMTA members – Professional, Student, School.
- Interested in improving professional excellence for members.
- Knowledgeable in providing constructive feedback.
- Able to meet time commitments and responsibilities outlined for each project assigned.
- Phone and/or e-mail accessible.
- Be able to participate in a meaningful and important volunteer activity.
- Be able to directly serve AMTA members by using your knowledge of the profession and AMTA to help ensure the accuracy of content, language, design and tone in materials to members.
- Be a part of helping AMTA improve professional excellence for all members.
Send a brief cover letter about why you would like to serve as a Communications & Marketing Operational Committee Member to:
Ron Precht, Communications Manager
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: AMTA
500 Davis Street, Suite 900
Evanston, IL 60201
By fax: 847-864-1178
Please e-mail or call Ron Precht at email@example.com
877-905-2700, ext. 149